When physiotherapy and medications are unable to treat debilitating pain and disability in the spine, spine surgery is the treatment prescribed by orthopedic doctors and neurosurgeons.
Spine surgery is commonly done to relieve compression of spinal cord or spinal nerve roots. The common conditions in which spine surgery is indicated are
· Osteophytic projections at intervertebral joints leading to lo back ache or cervical spondilytis
· Spinal Disc protrusions
· Tumours or infection leading to spinal stenosis
· Spinal cord injury
· Vertebral instability
The common symptoms associated with the spinal disorders:
· Radiating Pain into upper or lower limbs. For instance, in case of lumbago, the pain radiates from back to the buttock and back of the thigh. In cervical spondylitis, the pain radiates from neck into the arm and hand.
· Weakness of the muscles of the spine
· Numbness and tingling sensation in the limbs
· Pain and paresthesia
· Loss of bowel and bladder control in case of lumbar spinal disorders.
With advanced technologies and latest micro-surgical equipments for treating complex spinal disorders, spine surgery is now available at best spine surgery centers in India. The most common spinal surgeries done at best spine surgery hospitals and clinics in India are:
· Laminectomy The excision of bony lamina which ranges from cutting of lamina to removal of entire posterior backbone. The overlying ligaments and muscles are also excised in this procedure.
· Laminotomy Removal of a small portion of the lamina and ligaments, usually on one side.
· Foraminotomy Removal bone, disc, scar tissue or excessive ligament around the intervertebral foramen that is compressing the nerve bundles.
· Laminoplasty The procedure involves expansion of the spinal canal to relieve pressure off the nerves by cutting the lamina on one side and swinging them open like a door. The technique is also called ‘Open door Laminoplasty
· Discectomy Surgical removal of the herniated disc
· Corpectomy - The procedure involves removal of a part of the vertebral body to remove pressure off the spinal nerves
· Spinal Fusion - It is the joining of two vertebrae with a bone graft or a biological substance to provide long-term stabilization
· Spinal Tumor surgeries - Percutaneous curettage/ scrapping or open procedure to remove the tumour tissue
· Percutaneous Laser Disc Decompression - Treating chronic back pain caused by disc herniation or degenerative disc disease through lasers
· Some other spinal procedures are Micro discectomy, Disc replacement, Kyphoplasty and nucleoplasty.
Spine surgery is now available at best spine surgery centers with best orthopedic and spine surgery specialists in India. Many a people from countries such as Kenya, Nigeria, Uganda and other African countries as well as from western countries such as USA, UK, Canada and many European countries travel abroad for seeking affordable and cheap spine surgery in India. The most common reasons people seek spinal treatment in India galore best orthopedic surgeons, state-of-the art hospitals, minimally invasive spinal surgeries and availability of spinal surgery at low cost.
IndiCure is a well known medical tourism company that associates with best orthopedic and spine surgeons who have years of experience at performing complex spine surgeries with a lot of precision and expertise.
For more information about spine surgery in India, visit – http://www.indicure.com/spine-surgery.htm or send in a query at http://www.indicure.com/enquiry.htm. Call us at +919818462127 or +919320036777